Document Management Coordinator
Organizes, scans, and files medical records and other documents received from customers to support a paperless workflow. Process mail received at office location both inbound and outbound. Prepare physical checks from accounting for mailing. Prepare inbound paper medical bills and Medicare letters for processing. Prepare and mail customer packets.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Sorts, organizes, and scans all medical records (to include online and printed pages) and other documents related to referrals.
- Processes rated age requests.
- Scans and verifies medical bills and Medicare letters electronically.
- Processes inbound and outbound physical mail.
- Reviews pertinent medical records for rated age request, sends the request to assigned broker and follow up to obtain.
- Pulls and properly disposes of files for closed referrals on “destroy” list.
- Types a variety of materials, including envelopes, labels and other correspondence as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic working knowledge of MS Office suite