Recovery Services Assistant Team Leader
Works closely with the Director of Lien Resolution, Recovery Services Team Leader, and customers to provide Conditional Payment negotiation services. Coordinates the Recovery Services Team activities for processing QueryGuard referrals. Performs quality audits for teammate training and feedback. The Assistant Team Leader is responsible for supervising, mentoring, and training IMPAXX Recovery Services Assistants.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Supervises, mentors, and trains the Recovery Services teammates on QueryGuard team.
- Assists Recovery Services Team Leader in conducting internal team meetings and one-on-ones with teammates.
- Conducts performance reviews of all team members.
- Administers company’s personnel policies in all areas, follows company’s staffing standards and training recommendations, and coordinates PTO for staff.
- Works closely with the Director of Lien Resolution and Recovery Services Team Leader to resolve second level and higher appeals and Treasury offsets.
- Conducts periodic QA review to assess where additional training may be beneficial.
- Participates in customer meetings/visits with account management and sales teams as needed
- Communicates with Recovery Services team about concerns regarding negotiations, whether additional documentation is needed, and any other issues which may need to be resolved for a successful outcome.
- Manages escalated issues requiring knowledge of department policies and procedures.
- Supports team cohesiveness through ongoing effective (and diplomatic) written and verbal communication.
- Documents pertinent data in computer applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Minimum High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Exceptional telephone demeanor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Expert knowledge of Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) statutes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of experience in Worker’s Compensation
- 1-3 years of medical billing experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.