CMS Issues Outage Notifications for Key Services
The migration of the Baltimore Data Center (BDC) to a new Data Center (Ashburn, VA) will have an impact on several key services. There will be outages to the following Coordination of Benefits & Recovery (COB&R) applications and operations during several dates and times from now through Labor Day weekend. Normal operations will resume on Tuesday, September 5 at 8:00am ET.
- Medicare Secondary Payer Recovery Portal (MSPRP)
- Commercial Repayment Center Portal (CRCP)
- Electronic File Transfer (EFT) processing
- Benefits Coordination & Recovery Center (BCRC) and Commercial Repayment Center (CRC) Call Centers
|Saturday August 12, 2023||9:00 AM ET – 5:00 PM ET|
|Saturday August 19, 2023||9:00 AM ET – 5:00 PM ET|
|Saturday August 26, 2023||9:00 AM ET – 5:00 PM ET|
|Friday, September 1, 2023, through Monday, September 4, 2023||12:01 AM ET Friday through 12:00 PM ET Monday|
Electronic File Transfer (EFT) Processing
Protocols for file exchanges will be unavailable during the following upcoming dates and times. Customer processes will not be able to connect until EFT is back online. EFT users should not attempt to submit files during these time periods.
Be aware that once EFT is back online on September 5, delays in processing may occur due to the volume of files being processed.
For additional information about EFT, users can sign up for email notifications.
BCRC and CRC Call Centers
Benefits Coordination & Recovery Center (BCRC) and Commercial Repayment Center (CRC) call centers will be unavailable during several dates and times from now through Labor Day weekend.
Questions related to recovery cases can be directed to CMS at 1-855-798-2627.
For additional notifications about this project, you can sign up for email notifications.
- For a distribution list, please send an email request with the distribution list email to [email protected]. The distribution list will be manually added to the listserv.
- For an individual email, please send an email with “Subscribe” in the Subject line to [email protected]. That email address will receive a response requesting confirmation. Hit “Reply” to the confirmation email and send. The individual email address will be subscribed to the listserv.